Schools & Education Advice
Advice for Education Settings (Schools, colleges, etc)
- Staff, young people and children should stay at home if they are unwell with a new, continuous cough or a high temperature to avoid spreading infection to others. Otherwise they should attend education or work as normal
- If staff, young people or children become unwell on site with a new, continuous cough or a high temperature they should be sent home.
- Clean and disinfect regularly touched objects and surfaces more often than usual using your standard cleaning products
- Supervise young children to ensure they wash their hands for 20 seconds more often than usual with soap and water or hand sanitiser and catch coughs and sneezes in tissues
- Unless you have been directly advised to close by the local Public Health England Health Protection Team, the Government recommends that all education settings remain open
More information can be found here