If you need urgent medical attention call 999
If you are displaying symptoms of the coronavirus then please follow NHS advice:
Stay at home if you have coronavirus symptoms
Stay at home for 14 days if you, or a member of your household, have either:
- a high temperature – you feel hot to touch on your chest or back
- a new, continuous cough – this means you’ve started coughing repeatedly
Do not go to a GP surgery, pharmacy or hospital.
You do not need to contact 111 to tell them you’re staying at home.
More NHS information can be found here
As of 9am on 16 March 2020, 44,105 people have been tested in the UK, of which were confirmed negative and 1,543 were confirmed as positive.
This information will be updated regularly. More information is available here
Should I Self-Isolate and What Does it Involve?
This advice is for people with symptoms of coronavirus (COVID-19), including those with a diagnosis of coronavirus (COVID-19) infection, who must remain at home until they are well.
The main messages are:
- if you have symptoms of coronavirus infection (COVID-19), however mild, do not leave your home for 14 days from when your symptoms started (see ending isolation section for more information)
- this action will help protect others in your community while you are infectious
- plan ahead and ask others for help to ensure you can successfully stay at home
- ask your employer, friends and family to help you to get the things you need to stay at home
- stay at least 2 metres (about 3 steps) away from other people in your home whenever possible
- sleep alone, if possible
- wash your hands regularly for 20 seconds, each time using soap and water, or use hand sanitiser
- stay away from vulnerable individuals, such as the elderly and those with underlying health conditions, as much as possible
You do not need to call NHS 111 to go into self-isolation. If your symptoms worsen during home isolation or are no better after 7 days, contact NHS 111 online. If you have no internet access, call NHS 111. For a medical emergency dial 999